Skip to content
Who Can Participate
- Student teams working on Energy & Water related research/innovations, from any HEC recognized degree awarding university/institution.
- Each team can have a maximum of five members. Each team should have one member from the Energy & Water industry.
- Participating teams will have to come up with Energy & Water related innovative project idea, one page project description, and team membership at the time of registration.
- Teams should preferably utilize state-of-art technologies/software/techniques to design the innovative product concept.
- Projects having potential to benefit domestic Energy & Water industry/economy will be given special consideration.
- Teams will need to submit a complete project report along with a business plan (report template will be available on the DICE Energy & Water 2016 website).
- Teams will be required to display and present their projects on the final day of the event.
- Panel of Judges will consist of experts from both academia (majority of judges from outside of host institution) and industry. Each team of judges need to have equal number of judges from academia and industry. It is highly recommended to have 3 to 4 teams of judges with 4 members in each team – 2 judges from industry and 2 judges from academia in each team
- Top five projects must be reviewed by DICE Energy & Water Chair US before finalizing the top 3 winners.
- Project scoring will have following distribution
- Degree of Innovation (20%)
- Potential Impact on local industry and economy (20%)
- Readiness for commercialization (prototype, business plan) (50%)
- Presentation (10%)
Prizes & Shields
- First Prize: Cash Prize of Rs. 100,000 along with DICE Energy & Water 2016 shields will be given to a winning team
- Second Prize: Cash Prize of Rs. 60,000 along with DICE Energy & Water 2016 shields will be given to a first runner-up team
- Third Prize: Cash Prize of Rs. 40,000 along with DICE Energy & Water 2016 shields will be given to a second runner-up team
- All Participant teams will be awarded certificates of appreciation.
- Industry participants (those having booths) will be given DICE Energy & Water 2016 shields.
- All invited speakers, judges, chief guests will be awarded DICE Energy & Water 2016 shields
- Winning teams’ brief presentation/interview and the name of a sponsor industry will be included in DICE Energy & Water 2016 DVD, which will be distributed locally as well as internationally.